Who is Eligible?
Farmers in the following counties: Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Clay, Henderson, Graham, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Yancey.
What kinds of projects are eligible?
Projects must benefit an agricultural production facility. Residences cannot be tied to projects. Technologies must be commercially available and feasible. Grants can only go toward post-application purchases/installations. Example projects include:
- Traditional renewable energy systems
- (wind, solar PV, solar hot water, renewable biomass, micro-hydro, geothermal)
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Greenhouse insulation
- Solar wells
- Greenhouse ground-to-air-heat transfer systems
- Off-grid fruit and veg cooling systems
Applicants may qualify for a grant of up to 75% of eligible project costs, limited to the grant maximum of $6,000. The award is delivered as a reimbursement after project purchases have been made.
The application period closes October 31st, 2016.
For full grant details and an application, visit: http://www.energycap.org/tva
For questions, contact Alex Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.