Who Is Eligible? Any farmer/rancher or farmer/rancher organizations in the Southern region are eligible to apply for a Producer Grant.
What Activities Are Eligible? On-the-farm research and marketing projects that promote sustainable agriculture. Projects should be innovative, generate results that are useful beyond one year, and produce information that many farmers can use.
Producer Grant funds may be used for the following purposes:
- Costs of sampling and sample analysis
- Materials and supplies needed for the project
- Outreach expenses such as holding a field day
- Travel (57.5 cents/mile) needed for the project
- Hired labor for things that you can’t do yourself
- Your labor, for project activities above and beyond your normal farming duties
- Refreshments at field days, e.g. coffee, cold drinks, fruit, pie, cookies, etc.
How much? Projects may be funded for up to two years for a project maximum of $10,000 for an individual producer or $15,000 for a producer organization.
Deadline: November 2016, Producer Grant Proposals due.
Website: Visit SARE’s On-line Proposal System to begin your project proposal, or go to http://www.southernsare.org/Grants/Types-of-Grants/Producer-Grants for more information on the Producer Grant Program.