ASAP’s Appalachian Grown™ certification program tells customers that your farm products were grown or raised in Western North Carolina and the Southern Appalachian Mountains. The Appalachian Grown logo helps you open a conversation about your local farm’s story and communicate the true value of local food. The resources in this section tell you how to become Appalachian Grown certified and market your farm to reach more buyers.
Be sure to list your farm in ASAP’s Local Food Guide. This free directory of local food and family farms is available at restaurants, markets, and other businesses throughout the region, as well as online.
- Appalachian Grown Certification
- Appalachian Grown Promotional Materials
- Create a Local Food Guide listing
- Making the Most of Your Local Food Guide listing
- Developing Your Farm Brand
- Farm Storytelling Toolkit
- Photography Tips for the Farm
- Social Media Guide
- Press Releases: Guidelines and Template
- Working with a Graphic Designer
Find additional workshop presentations and Appalachian Grown resources on ASAP’s slideshare page.