Click here if you are looking for details on how to choose Appalachian Grown products. The Appalachian Grown™ logo is displayed with farm products grown or raised in Western North Carolina and the Southern Appalachian Mountains. When consumers see the logo—at stores, restaurants, tailgates, and other businesses—they know they’re buying fresher foods that support your family farms, strengthen our local economy, preserve rural culture, and protect the region’s natural beauty.
Get Appalachian Grown certified for FREE!
If you’re a Southern Appalachian farmer, you may be eligible for certification. Businesses that sell and use local food products can become licensed partners. Individual farms, farmer groups, and tailgate markets may apply for Appalachian Grown certification. Restaurants, distributors, and grocers that purchase Appalachian Grown certified products may become Appalachian Grown licensed partners.
To get more detailed information about ASAP’s Appalachian Grown Program, including a map of the region, how to use AG in your marketing, and the value of Appalachian Grown – read our Appalachian Grown Marketing Guide.
Currently, participation in the program is free. Farms and businesses in these Appalachian Grown counties are eligible:
- Smoky Mountains, NC: Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Swain
- Southern Mountains, NC: Henderson, Polk, Transylvania
- Central Mountains, NC: Buncombe, Madison, Yancey
- Foothills, NC: Burke, Caldwell, McDowell, Rutherford
- High Country, NC: Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Mitchell, Watauga, Wilkes
- Georgia: Fannin, Franklin, Gilmer, Habersham, Lumpkin, Pickens, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, White
- South Carolina: Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg
- Tennessee: Blount, Bradley, Carter, Cocke, Greene, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Monroe, Polk, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Washington
- Virginia: Carroll, Grayson, Scott, Smyth, Washington, Wythe
Promotional materials, including a variety of labels, signs, rubber bands, twist ties, and plastic bags, are available for purchase by producers and tailgate markets. We supply a variety of promotional materials for businesses, including window stickers and farmer profiles. Certified farms and tailgate markets and partner businesses can also use the Appalachian Grown logo on their packaging and promotions – click to access the logo. In addition to the use of the Appalachian Grown logo and promotional materials there are a variety of services and resources available for farms, tailgate markets, and partner businesses.
The Appalachian Grown logo is a trademark of ASAP (Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project). To protect the integrity of the logo and the local food market, local producers, food processors, retailers, and wholesalers must meet particular standards and agree to comply with logo-use restrictions. The standards and restrictions are meant to protect the mark. The Appalachian Grown logo may only be used to represent food and agricultural products grown or raised by certified Appalachian Grown farms.