Guidelines, resources, and references
Markets have a role to play in addressing vendor and operational compliance with regulations. There are also risk management and food safety responsibilities that require attention in order to ensure the safety and well-being of customers. The information and resources included in this module are provided to help define areas of concern for markets and to offer best practices for managing regulatory requirements, risk factors, and food safety.
PDF of Powerpoint Presentation
- Market site and operations
- Cooking demonstrations
Vendor and product regulations
- Vendor sales and business practices
- Products—produce, farm products, value-added, etc.
- Hold harmless
- Prevention practices for site and customer safety
- Sampling guidelines and requirements
- Product-specific food safety standards for vendors
- Market action, assistance, and referral