Thank you to all the businesses that generously donated silent auction and raffle items for our Local Food Experience!
- Noble Cider Tour and Apple Pressing: Bring up to nine of your friends and enjoy an hour or two of pressing apples with the Noble Cider crew this Fall! See how apples are sorted and processed into juice for fermentation. Learn about the entire process from fresh apples all the way through to finished hard cider, following by sampling their assortment in the tasting room.
- Addison Farms Vineyard Personal Tour and Tasting: A personal tour for four of the vineyard and winery with owner and vintner, Jeff Frisbee. Learn the behind the scenes work of the vineyard and sample a couple of not-yet-released wines as well as the full complement of wines currently being served in the tasting room.
- Asheville Farm To Table Tour: Enjoy a fun and enriching adventure touring three family farms in beautiful Fairview, North Carolina, including Blue Ridge Mountain Creamery, Flying Cloud Farm, and Hickory Nut Gap. The culmination of the tour will feature a lunch personally prepared by Chef Nate Sloan of Hickory Nut Gap with ingredients sourced from all three farms.
- Farm Stay at East Fork Farm: Stay at the farm in East Fork Farm’s Millhouse for two relaxing nights! The Millhouse is tucked into the heart of the farm in the upstairs of our fully functioning gristmill. Relax in the cedar hot tub on the deck while the flume and waterwheel mesmerize you.
- Entry for One to the Pedal to Plate Cycling Tour and Farm to Table Dinner: Join Madison County farmers for the 1st Annual Pedal to Plate bike to table event in Madison County. The cycle tour offers 33 challenging miles, over 2,600 ft of climbing and 6 farm tours & a farm-to-table dinner at Root Bottom Farm.
- Private Farm Tour and Cheese Tasting with Spinning Spider Creamery: Tour the family-run creamery and farm and sample delicious cheeses on Bailey Mountain in Madison County. Their cheeses as well as their goats have won recognition regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- A Certificate for Tuition for a Week Long Class at the John C. Campbell Folk School: Enjoy a week long learning experience at the Folk School. Choose from hundreds of classes offered in areas such as: Cooking, Gardening & Homesteading, Blacksmithing Woodworking, Music, Fiber, and Pottery.
- Omni Grove Park Inn VIP Foodie Experience: An exclusive experience reserved for true Foodies. Visit a local Farmers Market with our Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef on Saturday morning and that evening experience an exclusive dinner designed just for you with the seasonal ingredients you selected at the market. Travel to and from the market is provided by the Inn. The VIP Foodie Experience is offered based from May through October, during the local growing season.
- Private Dinner with Funkatorium Beer Pairing at The Montford Bar and Lounge with Chef Philip Boellhoefer: Chef Philip Bollhoefer of The Montford Bar and Lounge will provide a multi-course private dinner for four at the brand new eatery at the Hyatt Place in downtown Asheville. The courses will be paired with beers from Wicked Weed’s Funkatorium.
- Thanksgiving CSA with a Heritage Turkey from Franny’s Farm: This holiday season celebrate with a farm-fresh Thanksgiving CSA for four adults from Franny’s Farm in Leicester, NC. Your CSA will include a heritage turkey (11-14 lbs), goodies from the garden (sweet potatoes, greens, and herbs), breads, and more. Franny’s Farm raises heritage poultry on pasture, and grows organic, seasonal produce, herbs, and flowers in their gardens.
Local Food Experience Raffle
In addition to the silent auction, attendees can take a chance on winning the local food and farm raffle stocked with Appalachian Grown™ certified farm products and even more local food experiences.
Raffle Sneak Peak:
- Waynesville Soda Jerks Peach Syrup
- Green River Picklers Artisan Pickles
- Imladris Farm Ketchup
- Biltmore Coffee Traders Coffee Beans and $20 Gift Certificate
- Hickory Nut Gap Salami Gift Box and Four Admission Tickets to their Fall Festivities
- Looking Glass Creamery Carmelita Goat Milk Caramel Sauce
- French Broad Chocolate Lounge Factory Tour for Two
- Asheville City Market Travel Mug
- ASAP’s Farm Tour Gift Certificate
- Appalachian Grown trucker hat and insulated cooler bag (ASAP staffer David is displaying our new AG gear)
- and more!