The ASAP Farmers Market at A-B Tech, organized in response to the COVID-19 emergency, has taken extraordinary steps to ensure public health. These protocols were reviewed and approved by the Buncombe County Department of Health and Human Services as best practices. The market takes place on Saturdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon. VISIT THE MARKET or PAY FOR YOUR PURCHASES
ASAP Farmers Market at A-B Tech
- Read about all of ASAP’s work in response to COVID-19.
- Learn more about the ASAP Farmers Market at A-B Tech, designed to keep shoppers and vendors safe.
- Read a report from ASAP’s Local Food Research Center on the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on farmers and market vendors.
- Find best practices for farmers market operations and apply for the Farmers Market COVID-19 Response Grant.
- Get updates on financial relief available to farmers or contact ASAP directly for one-on-one assistance.
- Many farms are still accepting CSA members. Find one near you.
- Find other ways to buy directly with farmers during this uncertain time.
Fresh at Farmers Markets This Week
Spring continues to blossom, even when it feels like the world is on hold. Many of us hunkered down at home are beginning vegetable gardens and eager to find plant starts, typically in wide supply at farmers markets this time of year. Though many farmers markets have fewer vendors or are shifting to preorder models, you can still get spring starts in the age of COVID-19. READ MORE