- Read about all of ASAP’s work in response to COVID-19.
- Join the Appalachian Farms Feeding Families effort as a farm or hunger relief agency partner or by donating.
- Apply for the Appalachian Grown Immediate Needs Grants, get updates on other financial relief available to farmers, or contact ASAP directly for one-on-one assistance.
- Find best practices for farmers market operations and apply for the Farmers Market COVID-19 Response Grant.
- Learn more about the ASAP Farmers Market at A-B Tech, designed to keep shoppers and vendors safe.
- Read a report from ASAP’s Local Food Research Center on the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on farmers and market vendors.
- Find ways to buy food directly from farmers during this uncertain time.
Fresh at Farmers Markets This Week
For most of us, the Fourth of July is likely to feel a lot less spectacular this year. But that’s all the more reason to create your fireworks in the kitchen and celebrate what local farmers have at farmers tailgate markets right now. There isn’t a better time of year to be turning a colorful array of fruit into flavor-bursting pies, cobblers, and galettes. READ MORE