You can support ASAP’s work to support farmers and the community during COVID-19 by donating to the Appalachian Grown Farmer Relief Fund.
Offering direct relief for farmers.
Keeping farmers markets safe and operational.
Connecting the community to farmers and local food producers.
- ASAP’s online Local Food Guide lets customers search for farms, CSAs, farm stands, specific products, and more. We have added new search functions for farms offering online ordering, delivery, or safe pickup options. Farms can update their listings here.
- We are helping existing distribution systems expand capacity and work with more farmers, in particular those that have depended on sales to restaurants.
- We are connecting farmers with training in setting up online markets, best practices for deliveries, and using social media to communicate with customers.
- Through the Appalachian Farms Feeding Families program, we are facilitating connections between farms and hunger relief efforts that might not otherwise be logistically or financially feasible.
Supporting teachers and families dealing with school closures and shifts to online learning.
Listening to our community.
- We are surveying farmers and partners in the region to determine their needs. (Read an initial impact report from our Local Food Research Center.)
- We are providing forums for farmers, market managers, and agricultural support agencies to share experiences and best practices.