Who Is Eligible? Local and state governments and authorities, Indian tribes and non-profit organizations are eligible to reply. For the purposes of this program a “rural community” is an area where the population does not exceed 50,000, or is next to a city or town with more than 50,000 people.
What Activities Are Eligible? Eligible activities include but are not limited to:
- Acquisition or development of land;
- Construction, conversion, or renovation of buildings;
- Purchase of machinery and equipment, including refrigerators and processing equipment;
- Capitalization of revolving loan funds;
- Provision of training and technical assistance (unless related to agricultural production);
- Project planning.
Please see program website for more details on eligible activities.
How much: Grants generally range from $10,000 to $500,000. There is no maximum level of grant funding, however smaller projects are given higher priority.
Contact: Contact your Rural Development State Office: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/recd_map.html.