Calling all photographers and local food enthusiasts!
Each year ASAP produces a printed calendar showcasing the seasonality of local food and farms in the Appalachian Grown region. We are thrilled to bring back a photo contest for our 2020 calendar! Thirteen winning photos will be printed in the calendar (twelve months + the cover), and will be featured each month in ASAP’s social media and e-newsletter.
Photo Contest Rules
- The calendar photo contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. Photos received by Friday, September 20 will be given first consideration. You may submit as many photos as you like.
- Please email images and photo descriptions to ASAPphotography@asapconnections.org.
- Please include in the body of your email your full name and a description of each image (including location and description of the subject matter.)
- Please also name each image file with your first initial and last name, and a short description of the subject matter. (E.g.: JDoe_SunsetOnFarm or JDoe_HickoryNutGapPigs)
- Submitted photos must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted. All digital files must be at least 3500 pixels wide x 2500 pixels tall, in color, and submitted in JPEG or .jpg format. Winning images will be printed in a 7″ x 10″ horizontal format calendar.
- Winners will be notified by November 1, and will receive credit in the calendar, spotlights on social media, and three calendars and a ticket to ASAP’s 2020 Farm Tour in June.
Conditions of Entry
With your submission, you certify that you own the rights to your submitted work, and grant a non-exclusive, non-transferable right for ASAP to use your photographs in our internal and external communications including, but not limited to: our 2020 Calendar, social media, websites and web communications, e-newsletters, Local Food Guide, and other ASAP publications and promotions. Written permission from a parent or guardian is required for any photos containing children ages 18 or under. Any photos containing people’s faces will require written or verbal permission from subject for ASAP to use.
Image Category Suggestions
Images should depict your experiences connecting with local food and agriculture in the Appalachian Grown region. Below is a list of suggestions, but subject matter is not limited to these areas.
- Farmers markets
- CSA (community supported agriculture)
- Farm field trips
- Tastes from the farm
- Favorite farmscapes
- Morning and evening
- Food and farming through the seasons
- Farm life
Your photographs help ASAP tell the stories of local food and farming. Thank you for helping to further our mission!