Starting a farmers market can help create community around local food, provide sales opportunities for local farms, and draw customers to underused areas. Although all markets are different, they should all begin with a thorough location analysis and the drafting of clear rules for vendors. ASAP’s resources can help you take the first steps toward starting your own market. Can’t find the tools you need here? Contact ASAP online or call 828-236-1282 for more information.
- Ten Tips for Starting a Farmers Market
- Farmers Market Site Assessment Guide
- Farmers Market Site Assessment Rating Sheet
- Sample Market Vendor Application
- Content Checklist for Market Rules
- Sample Market Rules