As part of ASAP’s Get Local campaign – a year-round initiative that brings together farmers, chefs, and community members to highlight a featured local food – we are partnering with restaurants that go above and beyond when it comes to purchasing and serving local foods from Appalachian Grown certified farms. Asheville restaurant Cúrate has been a leader in their commitment to local farms since opening in 2011.
What better way to celebrate tomato month in August than with Get Local La Tomatina at Cúrate on August 6, 6:30-9:30 pm. The multi-course dinner will be a fun play on a traditional tomato festival in Spain. See the full menu for the evening below. Katie Button, Cúrate Chef, and Charlie Jackson, ASAP’s Executive Director, will speak at the dinner. Tickets are $125 per person (includes drink, tax, and gratuity). Proceeds of the event benefit ASAP. THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT.
Cúrate is located at 11 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, NC 28801. For more information, contact Scott Bunn, ASAP’s Development Director, by email or at 828-236-1282.
Get Local La Tomatina Menu
Welcoming “La Tomatina” Cocktail
para empezar…to start…
- mariscos en escabeche – mussels, scallops, and clams served chilled with roasted tomato & garlic vinaigrette and pickled seaweed
- jamón ibérico fermín – cured ham from the famous black-footed ibérico pigs of Spain
- pan con tomate – toasted bread with tomato fresco
- gazpacho – traditional chilled soup made with cucumber, tomato, red pepper, garlic, and sherry
- ensalada de verano – summer salad of compressed watermelon, heirloom cherry tomatoes, sheep cheese, and corn nuts with petite lettuces dressed in a honey sherry vinaigrette
- esqueixada de montaña – a local version of a classic Catalan dish, Sunburst Farms Trout served with fresh tomato, black olive, sweet onion, lemon vinaigrette
y acabamos con…and to finish…
- patatas bravas – crispy fried potatoes topped with a slightly spicy “brava” sauce
- espárragos verdes con romesco – grilled green asparagus with romesco sauce, drizzled in extra virgin olive oil
- albondigas con jamón – meatballs with cured ibérico de bellota ham in tomato sauce
para no olvidar…not to be forgotten…
- miel i mato – Cúrate’s tomato inspired twist of a traditional Catalan dessert
Cúrate will use local, seasonal ingredients from the following farms: