Heading out on our 2013 Farm Tour this weekend, September 21-22? Read over these tidbits to help you make the most of your experience!
- Don’t have your pass yet? Don’t worry. Passes are still available online through Sunday (print your receipt to show at the first farm you visit; don’t rely on showing your phone, since service can be spotty in many areas) and are also available for purchase at the first farm you visit. Already paid online? Print your receipt to show at the first farm you visit. Your pass also grants you access to Saturday’s PolkFresh Farm Tour; click to learn more.
- Your pass contains two raffle tickets; don’t forget to fill them out and enter for your chance to win amazing prizes!
- Before you go, read our tour tips web page, like remember a camera so you can enter our Farm Tour Photo Contest and be ready for any weather (fingers crossed for a sunny weekend).
- Be sure to pick up or download a Farm Tour guide, which contains directions and farm descriptions. Descriptions include what you’ll see/do if you visit, what farm products are for sale, and if the farm is a meal stop.
- Speaking of meals, make a note that Duck Dance Farm is now a meal stop; they will serve up guinea and duck sausage burgers, iced tea, pound cake, and more.
- Note that due to unforeseen circumstances, Hawk & Ivy Bed and Breakfast has withdrawn from this year’s tour and will not be accepting visitors.
- ASAP staffers will be available this weekend to answer your questions. Phone the office at 828-236-1282; if there’s no answer, be sure to listen to the recording for a cell number to call.
- Tag your tour! Share stories and photos from your adventure using #asapfarmtour via social media; you can also post directly to our Facebook wall. Your shares will help others plan their tours and will help us document the 2013 event via Storify.