ASAP’s mission is to help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food. We work to accomplish our mission by:
- Providing marketing support and training to area farmers
- Connecting area chef and foodservice buyers with the farmers who suit their needs
- Spearheading a Local Food Campaign, which includes our Local Food Guide, local food bumper sticker (have one on your car?), Get Local initiative, and more
- Certifying local products grown/raised in the Southern Appalachians as Appalachian Grown
- Running our Growing Minds Farm to School Program, which focuses on reconnecting children with where their food comes from
- Organizing Asheville City Market and coordinating the Mountain Tailgate Market Association
- And with your support!
Our vision is of strong farms, thriving local food economies, and healthy communities where farming is valued as central to our heritage and our future.