Purchase your pass for ASAP’s Farm Tour
ASAP’s Farm Tour will take place Sept. 17-18, 2022. This annual event is a chance to experience how food is grown and raised through guided tours, demonstrations, hands-on activities, and tastings. The tour is a family-friendly event and a great outing for visitors of all ages, abilities, and interests. Farms featured on the tour vary each year, but are all located within an hour drive of Asheville and are arranged by cluster to help plan your weekend. This year’s farms and clusters will be announced in midsummer. The Farm Tour showcases the diversity of working farms in Western North Carolina with produce farms, creameries, vineyards, orchards, flowers, fiber farms, livestock, and more! See farms that have participated in past tours.
Plan your Farm Tour weekend
- Choose three or four farms to visit each day. Don’t try to visit all the farms on the tour!
- Map your route in advance and print directions. Cell service can be spotty.
- The Farm Tour is an outdoor event. Wear sturdy, close-toed shoes and pack rain gear and sun protection, as weather can change quickly in the mountains.
- Pack supplies. Bring water bottles, sunscreen/hats, bug spray, camera, and a cooler to take home fresh products.
- Bring cash. Many farms offer products for sale. Not all farms accept credit/debit.
- Hand-washing facilities or hand sanitizer will be available at all farms. Please wash your hands between farms, especially after petting animals.
- No pets are allowed on the tour. They can pose food safety threats, damage plants, and can be dangerous to livestock.
- Respect posted warnings and directions and supervise children closely. Animals, water, electric fences, and farm equipment can pose dangers.
Farm Tour for kids
Many farms on the tour offer interactive or educational activities, including tours especially for kids, cooking demos, scavenger hunts, or arts and crafts. Some farms also have picnic areas, playgrounds, and other great outdoor spaces for play. Download and print out ASAP’s Farm Tour for Kids Activity Guide for some fun between farms.
Share your photos during the tour!
Bring a camera or mobile device to take lots of photos of your farm experiences. Use #asapfarmtour when you post, gram, and tweet about your Farm Tour experience, and follow the hashtag to see what other visitors and farms are posting. You can also search #asapfarmtour on social media to check out past tours.
Volunteer (and tour for free!)
Every year we need volunteers to help us staff the tour. Spend one afternoon (12-5 p.m.) welcoming visitors at a participating farm, and then tour for FREE on the day you aren’t working. Volunteering is a great way to connect with a local farm and meet people from across the region. Volunteers must be 18 years or older or be accompanied by an adult. New volunteers must participate in a pre-tour orientation. Find out more about volunteering for ASAP.
Visit more farms
Many local farms welcome visitors for tours, u-pick, and special events throughout the year. Search our Local Food Guide for more farms to visit throughout the seasons. Check out farms from past tours here.
Sponsor the Farm Tour
ASAP’s Farm Tour is the premier farm event in the region, welcoming more than 1,500 area residents and tourists each year. As a sponsor, you gain visibility for your business and connect with the region’s passion for local food. Contact Nora Scheff, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more about how to showcase your support of local food and farms.