The 2021 Local Food Guide Is Out Now!
ASAP’s annual Local Food Guide is the definitive resource for finding local food and farms in the Southern Appalachians. The 2021 Local Food Guide includes:
- 200+ farms, plus charts to easily locate farms offering u-pick, farm stands, lodging, visitor activities, and CSAs;
- 80+ farmers tailgate markets, plus information about holiday markets and a list of markets that operate in the winter;
- 80+ partner businesses, including restaurants, groceries, wholesalers, artisan producers, and travel destinations;
- a primer on produce seasonality + local food recipes;
- articles and photography highlighting farm stories.
ASAP staff connects with markets, farms, and businesses to update listings each year, offering the most accurate information for consumers.
Use the Online Guide
The online Local Food Guide at appalachiangrown.org includes 1,350 listings and is updated throughout the year. Use it to search for specific products, locations, activities, and more. (Information is subject to change, especially with changing pandemic guidelines. Always contact farms and businesses before visiting to confirm hours and offerings.)
Find a Copy
Find free copies of the Local Food Guide at farmers markets, visitors centers, libraries, community centers, grocery stores, restaurants, and other partner businesses throughout the region. Copies are available in the lobby of ASAP’s office. You may also view a digital version of the magazine above. Contact ASAP if you need help locating a copy in your area or if you are interested in receiving copies of the guide for your business.