ASAP’s mission is to help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food.
Our vision is one of strong farms, thriving local food economies, and healthy communities where farming is valued as central to our heritage and our future.
ASAP (Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project) is a nonprofit that works to accomplish our mission by:
- Providing marketing support and training to area farmers.
- Connecting regional chef and foodservice buyers with the farmers who match their needs.
- Spearheading a Local Food Campaign, which includes our Local Food Guide, local food bumper sticker (have one on your car?), and more.
- Certifying local products grown/raised in the Southern Appalachians as Appalachian Grown.
- Running our Growing Minds Farm to School Program, which focuses on reconnecting children with where their food comes from.
- Organizing Asheville City Market, and offering support to area tailgate markets.
- and with your support.
Connect with Us
Sign up for ASAP’s email newsletters to stay connected with ASAP’s work, as well as keep current on local food news and events. Follow us on social media, join our weekly or monthly e-newsletter, and explore our variety of resources for farmers, educators, agriculture professionals, and local food enthusiasts.
Address: 306 West Haywood Street
Asheville, NC 28801