Why work with ASAP? To help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food! Our staff is a fun, creative, and passionate team—from farmers to educators. Join us!
Position: Healthy Eating in Practice Conference Assistant
Supervisor: Healthy Eating in Practice Coordinator
Classification: Temporary, part time (approximately 20 hours/week, but may vary depending on conference needs)
Dates: June 18-Sept. 7, 2018
Purpose: Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project (ASAP) seeks an event assistant to support Healthy Eating in Practice, a new conference for physicians and other healthcare professionals focused on changing the culture of healthcare to better support healthy eating behaviors. The conference will take place Aug. 26-29 at the Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. The successful candidate should have event coordination or planning experience and an interest in local food and its connection to health.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communication with speakers, sponsors, and attendees
- Supporting the registration process
- Logistical coordination with venue, catering, and AV partners
- Updating the conference website (www.healthyeatinginpractice.org) and mobile app
- Writing newsletter and blog content; posting to social media
- Assembling and organizing conference materials, such as bags, badges, signage, and presentation equipment
- Managing volunteers and conference support staff
- Serving as a general point person during the conference
- Availability to work additional hours on the conference dates, August 26-29, 2018
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems
- Computer proficient, particularly with Google Suite and WordPress
- Experience in event coordination is a plus, but not required
- A background in local food or health and wellness is a plus, but not required
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to: [email protected] with the subject line: 2018 Conference Assistant. Please submit documents in PDF or Google Docs format. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Applications only accepted by email. Please do not call or come by the office.
The closing date for applications for this position is May 28, 2018.
ASAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, political beliefs, creed, or marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.