Why work with ASAP? To help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food! Our staff is a fun, creative, and passionate team—from farmers to educators. Join us!
Position: Finance Manager
Classification: Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning, human resources, and budgeting. The Finance Manager will play a critical role in partnering with ASAP’s senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as ASAP continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity.
The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director and is expected to work out of ASAP’s Asheville office.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Further develop ASAP’s human resources, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data, reporting, and audit coordination.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and to effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in grants financial management.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of ASAP
- Experience using Quickbooks Online accounting software
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with management of budget for small nonprofit (around $1 million annually) and with experience. This position provides benefits including vacation, sick and holiday pay, and an IRA retirement plan with an employer match.
To Apply: Applications only accepted by email. Please do not call or come by the office.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com with the subject line: 2017 Finance Manager. Please submit documents in PDF or Google Docs format.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
The closing date for applications for this position is May 8, 2017.
ASAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in any of its activities or operations.