Why work with ASAP? To help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food! Our staff is a fun, creative, and passionate team—from farmers to educators. Join us!
Position: Program Coordinator, Growing Minds
Supervisor: Program Director
Classification: Permanent, Full Time = 40 hours
Purpose: The Program Coordinator will be part of the ASAP Growing Minds team and contribute to farm to school and other program activities and projects. Experience in education, healthcare, or farm to school is required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement trainings/workshops for educators, farmers, community partners, volunteers, etc.
- Develop farm to school curriculum and promotional materials
- Identify and network with appropriate community partners
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Keep updated on relevant issues (childhood obesity, health and wellness, school food, etc)
- Update Growing Minds website
- Give presentations to a wide range of groups
- Supervise interns/volunteers
- Keep records as required
- Assist in design of programs
- Manage budgets of specific events or tasks
- Participate in development activity
- Participate in staff meetings and other staff activities
- Participate in organizational planning
- Participate in fielding initial public inquiries and requests
- Represent the organization in a professional manner
- Complete reports accurately and on time
- Travel throughout the region as required by job duties
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Event logistical management and planning experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of ASAP
- Background or experience in experiential education, healthcare, farm to school, or education (early childhood, K-12)
- Comfort with basic technology required; proficiency preferred
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with and with experience. This position provides benefits including vacation, sick and holiday pay, and an IRA retirement plan with an employer match.
To Apply: Applications only accepted by email. Please do not call or come by the office.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2017 Growing Minds Coordinator. Please submit documents in PDF or Google Docs format.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
The closing date for applications for this position is June 5, 2017.
ASAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, political beliefs, creed, or marital status.