Help Sustain ASAP’s Work
Walter Harrill of Imladris Farm—one of the more than 2,500 farmers that ASAP works with every year—is encouraged by the growth of ASAP and the local food movement in the area.
“I couldn’t see a local food scene in Western North Carolina without ASAP. The Local Food Guide, the support of tailgate markets, local chefs—all that ties together to make a larger movement.”
Western North Carolina is the leading local food region in the country, and ASAP is the reason behind this success. For the past 10 years, ASAP has created the conditions for farmers to experiment and create new products for new markets.
But, ASAP needs your support to ensure that we can continue to help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food.
Here are some examples of what we can accomplish with your contribution:
- $5,000 expands markets for farmers, making connections with grocery stores, restaurants, and the general public
- $1,000 supports the Appalachian Grown program, allowing you to know that your purchase supports our local economy
- $500 assists the production of the Local Food Guide, the authoritative source to help you find local food
- $250 trains a farmer in new business skills
- $100 supports cooking demos in area schools, teaching kids positive lifelong eating habits
- $50 funds farm field trips for school classes to visit local farms
- $25 provides seeds and resources for school gardens
Please use this secure link to increase the region’s access to the freshest, healthiest, best-tasting food around.
Donations can also be mailed to:
Attn: Scott Bunn
306 West Haywood Street, Suite 200
Asheville, NC 28801
Donations are Tax Deductible
ASAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Financial information about this organization and a copy of its charitable solicitation license are available from the NC State Solicitation Licensing Branch at (919) 807-2214. The license is not an endorsement by the state.