This directory of tools provides a guide for accessing ASAP’s services and resources. If you can’t find the topic or resource that you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Some of our most popular services:
- Learn how to become Appalachian Grown certified – Read about the Appalachian Grown™ certification program, determine if your farm or business is eligible, and find other services to support your work.
- Get in the Local Food Guide at appalachiangrown.org – List your farm or business in our online database, visited by approximately 8,000 users per month, and a print version with a distribution of over 50,000 copies.
- Check out our matching funds program, Appalachian Grown Cost Share – Get support for your farm or tailgate market’s promotional activity, with 50% reimbursement of project costs up to $1,500 for an individual farm.
- Discover grants and loans available from other organizations – ASAP keeps track of regional and national grant opportunities in support of the agricultural economy.
- Attend ASAP’s annual Business of Farming Conference – This annual conference offers a full day of learning and education for farmers and those seriously considering farming as a profession.
- Sign up for ASAP’s listserv – Receive regular updates on farm and food issues and send your news to others in the ASAP community.
- Search or post events and workshops to our events calendar at fromhere.org – Share your event with our food and farming community and get further distribution through our weekly newsletter.
- Post or browse listings on our free classifieds at fromhere.org – Post opportunities directly to your target audience on our agriculture-specific listings, with categories for land, farm equipment, jobs, internships, and more.
Additional Resources for Farmers and Farmers Markets:
- Farmer Resource Directory: Search a directory of tools for farmers on business planning, direct and wholesale marketing, funding your farm projects, marketing and promoting your farm, agritourism, and much more. Learn more about getting one to one marketing support for your farm.
- Workshops and Past Conference Resources: Find a list of annual workshops and upcoming trainings, as well as webinars, videos, and workshop handouts and presentations from previous Business of Farming and Farm to School Conferences.
- Tailgate Market Resource Directory: Consult a directory of farmers market resources for starting a new market, or improving your existing market, including information on regulations, management, improving vendor sales, SNAP/EBT access, and more.