ASAP’s Farm Tour Returns This September!
September 18–19, 2021
Saturday and Sunday, 12–5 p.m.
$35 per car in advance; $45 the weekend of the tour (pending availability)
Connect with our region’s farmers and get a behind-the-scenes tour of local food in the mountains. ASAP’s Farm Tour is a chance to experience how food is grown and raised through guided tours, demonstrations, hands-on activities, and tastings. The tour is a family-friendly event and a great outing for visitors of all ages, abilities, and interests. A Farm Tour pass is good for all passengers in the vehicle at any farm on both days.
All farms are located within an hour drive of Asheville and are arranged by cluster to help plan your weekend. The Farm Tour showcases the diversity of working farms in Western North Carolina with produce farms, creameries, vineyards, orchards, flowers, fiber farms, livestock, and more! Read more about what each farm will offer on the tour and view a map and driving directions.
NOTE: Due to road safety issues caused by Tropical Storm Fred, Sustainabillies/Two Trees Farm is no longer on the tour.
Plan your Farm Tour weekend
- Farms will follow state and local guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All visitors on the Farm Tour should wear a mask indoors. Outdoors, masks are encouraged, especially in groups where social distancing is difficult. Please respect any additional policies individual farm businesses may have in place.
- Choose three or four farms to visit each day. Don’t try to visit all the farms on the tour!
- Map your route in advance and print directions. Cell service can be spotty.
- Pack supplies. Bring water bottles, sunscreen/hats, good walking shoes, bug spray, rain gear, camera, and a cooler to take home fresh products.
- Bring cash. Many farms offer products for sale. Not all farms accept credit/debit.
- Hand-washing facilities or hand sanitizer will be available at all farms. Please wash your hands between farms, especially after petting animals.
- No pets are allowed on the tour. They can pose food safety threats, damage plants, and can be dangerous to livestock.
- Respect posted warnings and directions and supervise children closely. Animals, water, electric fences, and farm equipment can pose dangers.
Volunteer (and tour for free!)
Every year we need volunteers to help us staff the tour. Spend one afternoon (12-5 p.m.) welcoming visitors at a participating farm, and then tour for FREE on the day you aren’t working. Volunteering is a great way to connect with a local farm and meet people from across the region. Volunteers must be 18 years or older or be accompanied by an adult. New volunteers must participate in a pre-tour orientation. Sign up to be a Farm Tour volunteer.
Submit your Farm Tour photos for a chance to win a 2022 Farm Tour pass!
- Submit photos by Sunday, Sept. 26.
- Label your high resolution photos with your name and farm name. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Farm Tour photo contest.” You may submit as many photos as you like.
- Four winning photos will be shared in our e-newsletter and on social media.
With your submission, you certify that you own the rights to your submitted work, and grant a non-exclusive, non-transferable right for ASAP to use your photographs in our internal and external communications including, but not limited to: print materials, social media, websites, and e-newsletters. Written permission from a parent or guardian is required for any photos containing children ages 18 or under. Any photos containing people’s faces will require permission from subject for ASAP to use. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 828-236-1282.
Share your tour experience!
Use #asapfarmtour and tag @asapconnections when you post, gram, and tweet about your Farm Tour experience, and follow the hashtag to see what other visitors and farms are posting. We’ll be active on Facebook and Instagram, throughout the weekend.
Farm Tour for kids
Many farms on the tour offer interactive or educational activities, including tours especially for kids, cooking demos, scavenger hunts, or arts and crafts. Some farms also have picnic areas, playgrounds, and other great outdoor spaces for play. Download and print out ASAP’s Farm Tour for Kids Activity Guide for some fun between farms.
Visit more farms
Many local farms welcome visitors for tours, u-pick, and special events throughout the year. Search our Local Food Guide for more farms to visit throughout the seasons. Check out farms from past tours here.
Thank you to our sponsors!
2021 Farm Tour Sponsors
2021 Farm Tour Media Sponsors
Sponsor the Farm Tour
ASAP’s Farm Tour is the premier farm event in the region, welcoming more than 1,500 area residents and tourists each year. As a sponsor, you gain visibility for your business and connect with the region’s passion for local food. Contact Nora Scheff, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more about how to showcase your support of local food and farms.