Find farmers markets that accept SNAP/EBT.
Follow these links to our online Local Food Guide to find farmers markets in the region that accept SNAP/EBT, as well as information about market locations, times, and available products.
- Regional (Appalachian Grown) farmers markets that accept SNAP/EBT
- Asheville farmers markets that accept SNAP/EBT
How does SNAP/EBT work at market?
- Bring your EBT card to the Market Information booth at your participating farmers market.
- Swipe your EBT card for the amount of money you want to spend.
- Receive the amount of money in market tokens to use with eligible market vendors.
- Shop for fresh and healthy food while supporting your local farmers!
- No cash back, but tokens do not expire.
Taking the bus?
View our Farmers Market ART Bus Map to see which bus line to take to farmers markets in Asheville.
Want to accept SNAP/EBT at your farmers market?
Find resources here for improving your existing SNAP market program or starting a new program at your market.