Find farmers markets that accept SNAP/EBT.
Follow these links to our online Local Food Guide to find farmers markets in the region that accept SNAP/EBT, as well as information about market locations, times, and available products.
- Asheville farmers markets that accept SNAP/EBT
- Regional (Appalachian Grown) farmers markets that accept SNAP/EBT
How does SNAP/EBT work at market?
- Bring your EBT card to the Market Information booth at your participating farmers market.
- Swipe your EBT card for the amount of money you want to spend.
- Receive the amount of money in market tokens to use with eligible market vendors.
- Shop for fresh and healthy food while supporting your local farmers!
- No cash back, but tokens do not expire.
Double your SNAP dollars!
At Asheville City Market, you can double your SNAP dollars. For example, swiping an EBT card for $5 will yield $10 in market tokens to spend on SNAP-eligible items at individual farmer stands. This program is in effect at both locations of Asheville City Market (downtown on Saturday mornings and at Biltmore Park Town Square on Wednesday afternoons).
What items are eligible to buy with SNAP market tokens?
- fruits and vegetables
- breads and cereals
- meats, fish, poultry
- dairy products
- seeds and plants that produce edible foods
Taking the bus?
View our Farmers Market ART Bus Map to see which bus line to take to farmers markets in Asheville.
Want to accept SNAP/EBT at your farmers market?
Find resources here for improving your existing SNAP market program or starting a new program at your market.