The final holiday markets of the season are this week and weekend. Snag a tree if you still need one, along with wreaths and other decorative greenery; find perfect gifts for party hosts, friends, and family—or a little something for you; and get the freshest local food for your feast (meats, cheeses, veggies, you name it).
Here are the details:
- Asheville City Market: Saturday, December 21 at the Public Works Building, 161 Charlotte Street, 10 am-1 pm.
- The Holiday Bazaar: Saturday, December 21 from 12-4 pm. Lot C of UNC Asheville campus.
- Leicester Farmers Market: Saturday, December 21, 10 am-2 pm, at 338 Leicester Hwy. in the Leicester Landing Shopping Center Parking Lot.
- Madison County Farmers & Artisans Market: Saturday, December 21, 9 am-1 pm at Fiddlestix, 37 Library St, Mars Hill.
- Weaverville Tailgate Market: Wednesday, December 18, 2-6 pm, 60 Lakeshore Drive, inside the community center near Lake Louise.
- West Asheville Tailgate Market: Tuesday, December 17, 3-6 pm, indoors at The Mothlight, 701 Haywood Rd. across from the regular market site.
But, don’t worry. These final holiday markets aren’t your last chance to shop until spring. Winter farmers markets—many indoors so you’re not in the cold—are there to provide local food and goods year-round! Several have already begun, with the rest starting this January. Get a list here.