The ASAP Farmers Market protects shoppers and vendors by maintaining social distances and mitigating potential virus transmission points.
The market is located in A-B Tech parking lot A-13, adjacent to the A-B Tech/Mission Health Conference Center (16 Fernihurst Dr.). Enter the market via Fernihurst Dr. off Victoria Rd., following campus signs to the conference center.
Market staff will control the number of shoppers in the market area at one time by limiting the number of cars in the parking lot. When you arrive at the market, please follow signs and staff directions to queue inside your vehicle until instructed to park your car in the parking lot. There may be a 15 – 30 minute wait to park during peak shopping times.
Dates and Hours
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to noon, year-round.
- No customers or vendors exhibiting symptoms may enter the market.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- One customer at a time for each vendor table.
- Only handle product you are purchasing. Vendors will pre-package or bunch products.
- All vendors and shoppers are required to wear masks. Customers who are not able to wear a mask may arrange to pre-order from vendors. Market staff will direct you to a separate parking area and deliver prepaid items to the car.
- Children, if they must attend with adult shoppers, must be closely supervised.
- Please leave your pets at home.
Staff will direct anyone failing to comply with these conditions to leave the market.
Paying for Purchases
Vendors accept touch-free credit or debit payments as well as SNAP. Some take exact cash (no change given) or check. Thanks to generous support from the community, we are offering Double SNAP.
Saturday, September 26
FARMS: Bear Necessities, Carolina Flowers, Creasman Farm, Creekside Farm, Dry Ridge Farm, Fiddler’s Green, Finally Farm, Green Toe Ground Farm, High Country Nursery, Jake’s Farm, Lee’s One Fortune Farm, Olivette Farm, Ten Mile Farm, Warren Wilson College Farm.
FOODS: Asheville Fungi, Beeswax and Butter, Blue Ridge Mountain Creamery, Dare Vegan Cheese, Eat More Bakery, Mother Ocean Market, Rio Bertolini’s Fresh Pasta, Shanti Elixirs, Spinning Spider Creamery, Sweetheart Bakery, Sweet Brine’d Fermented Foods.
BODY CARE: Bonny Bath
Apply to Be a Vendor
Vendor space at this market is limited. Please use this application form if you are interested in participating in this market.
Apply to Be a Farmers Market Intern
How to apply: Email your résumé, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put ‘Farmers Market Intern’ in the subject line. We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year
Responsibilities may include running the market information booth, assisting in setup and breakdown (which requires heavy lifting), planning and supporting promotional activities, and creating content (photos and text) for social media and newsletters. Internship run 8 to 10 weeks. One absence per term is permitted. A typical week will consist of five hours on Saturday mornings, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and an additional flexible three hours to help with special events, market promotions, and social media posts.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, bustling market scene
- Have strong communication and writing skills
- Be self-motivated and organized
- Feel passionate about the community and local agriculture
- Retail or customer service experience is a plus