The ASAP Farmers Market protects shoppers and vendors by maintaining social distances and mitigating potential virus transmission points.
The market is located in A-B Tech parking lot A-13, adjacent to the A-B Tech/Mission Health Conference Center (16 Fernihurst Dr.). Enter the market via Fernihurst Dr. off Victoria Rd., following campus signs to the conference center.
Market staff will control the number of shoppers in the market area at one time by limiting the number of cars in the parking lot. When you arrive at the market, please follow signs and staff directions to queue inside your vehicle until instructed to park your car in the parking lot. There may be a 15 – 30 minute wait to park during peak shopping times.
DATES AND HOURS
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. to noon (now through December 19th)
- Saturdays, 10am – 1pm (January 9th until March 27th)
- No customers or vendors exhibiting symptoms may enter the market.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- One customer at a time for each vendor table.
- Only handle product you are purchasing. Vendors will pre-package or bunch products.
- All vendors and shoppers are required to wear masks. Customers who are not able to wear a mask may arrange to pre-order from vendors. Market staff will direct you to a separate parking area and deliver prepaid items to the car.
- Children, if they must attend with adult shoppers, must be closely supervised.
- Please leave your pets at home.
Staff will direct anyone failing to comply with these conditions to leave the market.
PAYING FOR PURCHASES
Vendors accept touch-free credit or debit payments as well as SNAP. Some take exact cash (no change given) or check. Thanks to generous support from the community, we are offering Double SNAP.
Saturday, November 28th
FOODS: Beeswax and Butter, Blue Ridge Mountain Creamery, Bonny Bath, Crust Never Sleeps, Darë Vegan Cheese, Mother Ocean Market, Rio Bertolini’s Fresh Pasta, Serotonin Ferments, Shanti Elixirs, Simple Bread, Sister of Mother Earth, Sweet Brine’d Fermented Foods,
Saturday, Nov 28 – Dec 19: ASAP Holiday Farmers Market
Saturday, Jan 9 – Mar 27: ASAP Winter Farmers Market
APPLY TO BE A VENDOR
- To apply for the ASAP OUTDOOR WINTER FARMERS MARKET (1/9 – 3/27), please use this application form.
Details are listed in the application forms. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the market manager at (828) 348 – 0340, firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY TO BE AN INTERN
How to apply: Email your résumé, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com. Put ‘Farmers Market Intern’ in the subject line. We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Responsibilities may include running the market information booth, assisting in setup and breakdown (which requires heavy lifting), planning and supporting promotional activities, and creating content (photos and text) for social media and newsletters. Internship run 8 to 10 weeks. One absence per term is permitted. A typical week will consist of five hours on Saturday mornings, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and an additional flexible three hours to help with special events, market promotions, and social media posts.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, bustling market scene
- Have strong communication and writing skills
- Be self-motivated and organized
- Feel passionate about the community and local agriculture
- Retail or customer service experience is a plus