ASAP Farmers Market formed during COVID-19 in order to maintain social distancing and other safety precautions. We hope that Asheville City Market can return to the downtown and Biltmore Park Town Square locations in 2022. Stay up to date on market news via Facebook, Instagram, and weekly e-newsletters.
Downtown A-B Tech Campus: 340 Victoria Rd. Handicapped parking is available and there is a bus stop on the S4 route adjacent.
DATES & HOURS
Saturdays, 9 am–noon
Sign up for the ASAP Farmers Market e-newsletter to see the weekly vendor schedule.
FARMS: Asheville Fungi, Asheville Microgreens, Bear Necessities Farm, Carolina Flowers, Creasman Farm, Creekside Farm, Dry Ridge Farm, Fiddler’s Green Farm, Finally Farm Nursery, Green Toe Ground Farm, Headwaters Market Garden, Hickory Nut Gap Farm, High Country Nursery, HummingBlooms, Jake’s Farm, Lee’s One Fortune Farm, Myseanica Family Farm, New Roots Market Garden, Olivette Farm, Ten Mile Farm, Three Graces Dairy, Sleight Family Farm, Spinning Spider Creamery, Warren Wilson College Farm, Wildwood Herbal, Winter Greens Farm LLC.
FOODS: Barnhouse Kitchen, Beeswax and Butter, Blue Ridge Mountain Creamery, Brews Naturals, Buggy Pops, Crust Never Sleeps, DARE Vegan Cheese, Dolci di Maria, Eat More Bakery, Goddess Ghee, Grassroots Farm & Dairy, J Chong Eats, Le Bon Café, La Gringa Tamalera, Little Red Fox, Lunar whale Herbs, Meadowsweet Creamery, Mother Ocean Market, Pierarchy, Notorious Coffee, Rio Bertolini’s Fresh Pasta, Serotonin Ferments, Simple Bread, Shanti Elixirs, Sweet Brine’d Fermented Foods, Sweetheart Bakery, Tyron Mountain Farms
KNIFE SHARPENING: Karasu Edge Works
Double your SNAP dollars! Here’s how:
- Bring your SNAP/EBT card to the market information table.
- Swipe your card for the amount of money you want to spend.
- Receive DOUBLE that amount of money in market tokens to use on eligible products at individual farmer stands.
- Shop for fresh and healthy food while supporting local farmers!
- No cash back, but tokens do not expire.
COVID-19 Rules & Safety Procedures
- No customers or vendors exhibiting symptoms may enter the market.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- One customer at a time for each vendor table.
- All vendors and shoppers are required to wear masks.
- Please leave your pets at home.
Staff will direct anyone failing to comply with these conditions to leave the market.
Paying for Purchases
Most vendors accept credit, debit, cash or check payments. All vendors of qualifying products accept SNAP/EBT payment. Thanks to generous support from the community, we are offering Double SNAP. (Want to support this program? Make a donation here.)
Apply to Be a Vendor
To apply for the ASAP Farmers Market (4/3 – 12/18), please fill out this application.
Details are included in the application. If you have any questions, please contact the market manager at (828) 348-0340, email@example.com.
Apply to Be an Intern
How to apply: Email your résumé, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put ‘Farmers Market Intern’ in the subject line. We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Responsibilities may include running the market information booth, assisting in setup and breakdown (which requires heavy lifting), planning and supporting promotional activities, and creating content (photos and text) for social media and newsletters. Internship run 8 to 10 weeks. One absence per term is permitted. A typical week will consist of five hours on Saturday mornings, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and an additional flexible three hours to help with special events, market promotions, and social media posts.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, bustling market scene
- Have strong communication and writing skills
- Be self-motivated and organized
- Feel passionate about the community and local agriculture
- Retail or customer service experience is a plus