During the COVID-19 pandemic, the ASAP Farmers Market is operating in place of Asheville City Market’s downtown and Biltmore Park Town Square locations. The ASAP Farmers Market protects shoppers and vendors by maintaining social distances and mitigating potential virus transmission points. Stay up to date on market news via Facebook, Instagram, and weekly e-newsletters.
Due to facility needs for COVID-19 vaccinations, the market is moving to a new location on the A-B Tech campus starting Jan. 24.
Find the market on the east side of Victoria Rd. by the Bailey Student Services Center (340 Victoria Rd.). Enter via Student Circle. Handicapped parking is available and there is a bus stop on the S4 route adjacent.
Market staff will control the number of shoppers in the market area at one time. Please follow staff directions to queue inside your vehicle until instructed to park your car. There may be a 15–20 minute wait during peak shopping times.
Dates & Hours
Winter market hours: Saturdays, 10 am–1 pm, Jan. 9–March 27
COVID-19 Rules & Safety Procedures
- No customers or vendors exhibiting symptoms may enter the market.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- One customer at a time for each vendor table.
- Only handle product you are purchasing. Vendors will pre-package or bunch products.
- All vendors and shoppers are required to wear masks. Customers who are not able to wear a mask may arrange to pre-order from vendors. Market staff will direct you to a separate parking area and deliver prepaid items to the car.
- Children, if they must attend with adult shoppers, must be closely supervised.
- Please leave your pets at home.
Staff will direct anyone failing to comply with these conditions to leave the market.
Paying for Purchases
Vendors accept touch-free credit or debit payments as well as SNAP. Some take exact cash (no change given) or check. Thanks to generous support from the community, we are offering Double SNAP.
Saturday, January 23th
FARMS: Asheville Fungi, Black Trumpet Farm, Creasman Farm, Dry Ridge Farm, Hickory Nut Gap Farm, Jake’s Farm, Lee’s One Fortune Farm, Mighty Gnome Market Garden, Myseanica Family Farm, Olivette Farm, Ten Mile Farm, Sleight Family Farm, Spinning Spider Creamery, Warren Wilson College Farm, Winter Greens Farm LLC.
FOODS: Barnhouse Kitchen, Beeswax and Butter, Blue Ridge Mountain Creamery, Goddess Ghee, Crust Never Sleeps, J Chong Eats, DARE Vegan Cheese, Hominy Farm, Meadowsweet Creamery, Mother Ocean Market, Notorious Coffee, Rio Bertolini’s Fresh Pasta, Serotonin Ferments, Shanti Elixirs, Simple Bread, Sweet Brine’d Fermented Foods, Sweetheart Bakery.
BODY CARE & CRAFTS: Bonny Bath, Balm Mountain Soap.
Apply to Be a Vendor
To apply for the ASAP Winter Farmers Market (1/9 – 3/27), please use this application form.
To apply for the ASAP Farmers Market (4/3 – 12/18), please check back soon. The application will be available mid-February.
Details are included in the application forms. If you have any questions, please contact the market manager at (828) 348-0340, email@example.com.
Apply to Be an Intern
How to apply: Email your résumé, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put ‘Farmers Market Intern’ in the subject line. We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Responsibilities may include running the market information booth, assisting in setup and breakdown (which requires heavy lifting), planning and supporting promotional activities, and creating content (photos and text) for social media and newsletters. Internship run 8 to 10 weeks. One absence per term is permitted. A typical week will consist of five hours on Saturday mornings, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and an additional flexible three hours to help with special events, market promotions, and social media posts.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, bustling market scene
- Have strong communication and writing skills
- Be self-motivated and organized
- Feel passionate about the community and local agriculture
- Retail or customer service experience is a plus