Each year ASAP staff share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes. This one comes from Operations Coordinator Taylor Millington (via Host the Toast blog). Local honey and eggs are abundant at farmers markets right now.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray or lightly butter an 13 x 9″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar and honey. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well-combined. Whisk in the buttermilk.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a bit at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and let sit for 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan and brush with melted butter. Serve warm.