Each year ASAP staff share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes. This one comes from Events Coordinator Erica Shanks. Use your favorite local cheeses. Erica recommends Ashe County Cheddar—and making space for a long nap after eating it!
- 16 ounce box of penne noodles
- 4 local eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Grease crockpot with butter.
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Mix all ingredients with noodles, reserving 1 cup of sharp cheddar.
- Cook on low 2 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours more.